Thursday, February 19, 2009

Face Painting Class



Hi,

The dolls I make need to be as artful and beautiful and different as I can make them. So a lot of quilt and doll makers attended the class on Sunday at Laura's Sew and Vac in Palm Beach Gardens. Bonnie McCaffery taught the class. Originally the class was meant for quilters to add to their quilting experience. We doll makers climbed on the wagon and away we went. It was difficult painting on fabric, but the results are amazing and with practice I will be better at it. She taught us a way to use our own photographs through Photoshop.

I have included a picture of some of the doll makers (some are quilters) that were present. Ms. McCaffery and the doll maker holding the painted picture is me.

If you look closely, even though it was the day after Valentines day, Laura and her husband Dave gave each of us a red rose and a heart shaped box of chocolates. Ummm, I guess maybe you won't see the heart shaped box of chocolates.

We are always treated so special every time we are at Laura's. Laura wants to provide us with the best educational experiences and we are off to a really big start with Bonnie McCaffery. Thanks Laura and Dave.

Tomorrow is the bus trip to the Vero Beach quilt show. I will get to meet Floozie (from Flamingo Island Designs) for the first time. The 'oldies but goodies doll' Tarts will enjoy meeting her I'm sure.

Thank you for reading. God Bless.
Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment