Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Houston International Quilt/Doll Show

I have returned from the show and it was more fabulous than I could ever imagine.  They thought of everything. The disappointment was that I was unable to obtain tickets to the fashion show luncheon. There were free talks each day all day long wherein we all learned so much (there were paid classes in the education wing also.  Not only were there quilt supplies, patterns and fabric, but doll supplies, patterns and fabric, but knitting/crochet supplies, patterns and needles.  There were buttons, jewelry, (sewing, quilting, embroidery and serger machines), a lot of places gave away bags (huge, to carry all our 'stuff'), and scrapbooking supplies (that doubles as fabric painting, sparkles and foiling.
The first quilt shop on the way we visited was Peggy's Heirlooms of Tomorrow Inc. shop in Ocala, FL and they gave me a rousing welcome.  Why?  Because I bought the Quilt DIVA pattern, Amy Bradley design (see 4th picture from top with Peggy and Quilt Diva on wall behind her).  I intend to put Quilt DIVA on the back of a jacket.  I once saw a lady with the Quilt DIVA on the back of her coat.  Very striking! I purchased the pattern and there was a loud yell in the shop, she came around the counter and gave me a special DIVA pin. I wore it every day.  Back later with more on the trip.  Blessings, Janet

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I'll want to look for that quilt shop! It sounds like you had a wonderful trip! What an experience!

    ReplyDelete