Friday, July 17, 2009

Lakeland Florida and Bok Gardens


Hi,
I found the Best fabric store in FL, Patchwork Pig. They had everything on my list (so few fabric places where I live so I shop on line and right now I play the FabShopHop and find all kinds of different fabrics at many fabric/quilt shops). This place is so cute, has unique fabrics, great displays (ideas) and the staff is so friendly, more so than I'm use to. My girlfriend Marge and doll exhibit chair (I'm co-chair) for our Feb. 2010 quilt show is in the picture. Guess what? -- Lakeland electric is NOT FPL. Whoo hoo!
We didn't stay long because we had reservations at Bok Tower Gardens in Lake Wales. The lunch was excellent. Their reputation is built on the tall tower, the carillon bells, and the beautiful gardens and it doesn't disappoint. The tower, built in 1927-8, is 205 ft. (the foundation is reinforced 13-24 ft. underground. We were able to take in a concert of the
bells. The panoramic view from the hill toward several towns was fabulous. A very enjoyable two days.
Blessings,
Janet

No comments:

Post a Comment