Friday, February 10, 2017

Bison/Buffalo my favorite animal


I used Prismacolor pencils, Pastels, FaberCastell ink pen and  Burnished it. 

Thank you Eva and Kristin for allowing artists to share their work and their talent in one place. The comments are so helpful. Thank you everyone for the comments. It really helps. Be sure to see all the Paint Party Friday artists.

I went on a day outing with the Tulsa friends. We went to the Will Rogers Museum and then to the Will Rogers homestead. I always thought he was an amazing man since I was 12 years old and saw his movies. I was so amazed at all the things he did. 

I had no idea how he died, but then I've never lived in his home state either. He decided to go to Alaska because he hadn't seen it. . .He died in a air crash in 1935. B. 11/4/1879  d. 1935
This is the statue at the museum.
 Statue inside the museum.
 This is the message outside the home he was born in.
 This is the house.. .
 It was a 2-room log cabin . . .the Kitchen, Dining room and 
2nd bedroom was added later.
 There are white horses on the grounds.
 This is what the lake looks like today.
Just down the road are Longhorns.
We ate at the Claremore Pink Tea House.
Blessings,
Janet
Normality is a paved road; it’s comfortable to walk, but no flowers grow on it. ~ Vincent van Gogh

9 comments:

  1. Hello, Janet. Very good likeness of the bison. Thank you for sharing your tour. I love his house. I never knew he died in a plane crash either. have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed my visit to the museum, thanks! I loved will roger's words!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous photos always love seeing and hearing about parts of America that I will never see as I am Australian.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely sketch and great photos from your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Janet, I love your header painting - it inspires me to do more drawings of home.
    That Bison is a lovely fellow and I thank you again for introducing me to burnishing.
    Have a Happy PPF and cheers for now :D)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your buffalo sketch is VERY good, Janet. I can't do animals, except maybe their faces. Your trip to Will Rogers museum sounds fascinating. I'll bet there are a lot of places within driving distance to see where you live now. I like that you put a verse of the day and places I have been on your blog. Neat additions.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great visit to the museum. Thanks for sharing your bison, love his wonderful stance! Good job!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like buffalo´s. did see some long ago in Yellowstone :) Nice work.

    ReplyDelete