Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Crochet: New Dolls and Embellishments


Hi,
I did not realize it had been so long since I checked in. I have been crocheting new dolls. They do not have clothes, embellishments or make up on. However, I wanted to you see what I have been doing while away. There are two different size hearts (I have crocheted faces) for pins and/or embellishments. There is a pair of hands with fingers, butterflies in different colors and leaves in 3 sizes for the flowers I had crocheted previously. Crocheting is very dear to my heart.
Happy days, the landscapers are here!!! We have all the old bushes cleared out and new plants and grasses will be planted shortly. Pictures will be coming once they are completed. This hasn't been done in the 10 years I have lived here. I miss doing the gardening, growing an herb garden and tomatoes. I cannot even have upside down tomatoes.
After I crochet many more butterflies, my next project is to become really good at embroidery. There are several projects waiting in the wings.
This Saturday after Quilt guild meeting, there is a class with Diane Smith, Fibersmith Arts, who will be teaching how to use paintsticks, foil, stencils and stamps on different fabrics, up to 12 fat quarters for experimenting. I talked with her on the phone and she has given me a tip on how to make a template into a doll face using the paintsticks. This is going to be a very fun class.
Thank you for stopping by.
Blessings,
Janet

No comments:

Post a Comment