Wednesday, February 18, 2009

County Fair January 2009





Hi,
I have been missing, but I have been in action. I have scheduled a lot of things so that I can relax after cataract surgery the end of February. The fair was so fun and selling raffle tickets for our beautiful basket of flowers (appliqued, embroidered and quilted) was fun and exciting and exhausting but. . .it turned very very cold in south Florida. So cold our famers lost a lot of fruits and vegetables.

My second week I saw the most beautiful white rooster, but he was napping when by the time I was off my shift. The most exciting part of being at the far was the Alabama Gang (Nascar's Old timers) Bobby and Donny Allison and Red Farmer. What a great bunch. It was so much fun meeting them and talking with them. My camera gave out so only have 1 picture.

We had apron lessons at the senior center taught by Lorraine and a show and tell of a very vintage apron that Charlene had found. Both are very great friends.

I'll be back to tell about the face painting class most of the doll group took at Laura's Sew & Vac in Palm Beach Gardens.
Thanks for Stopping by. God Bless. Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment