Friday, February 24, 2017

Painting and Photograph taken last night.



Most of the painting is done with pastels. . but I also used Prismacolor pencils. 
I used this painting on January 13, 2017 for Paint Party Friday. . . .
Not realizing how much like a real sunset it was.

My photo of this evenings Sunset shows the similarities
. . . between painting and reality.
Thank you Kristin and Eva for Paint Party Friday and Thank you for comments from everyone. I try to get around to see all of you. Moving and being in a new place has been difficult. But I'll get there.

I did something fun today. . .I saw the movie La La Land. . .excellent. I cried and cried. . .but it was a marvelous movie. Then I watched Nashville tonight (spoiler) and altogether I Cried A River today.
More Sunset Clouds
 . . .very strong colors. .
 . . .looking West.
 . . .and Clouds from the movie theatre.
 Different clouds in this section of Tulsa.
Blessings,
Janet
Faith is taking the first step even when you don’t see the whole staircase.

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous art and photos Janet! I was upset about Nashville too! I think I'm still in shock about it! Have a great weekend!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed your beautiful skies tonight. I think you are right, your pastel sky looks exactly like it does in real life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Janet, I can certainly see where you get your inspiration for your beautiful painting. You'd most likely seen such beauty before and it spontaneously came out in your painting of 3rd January.
    Great photos you've added too. Cheers now :D)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cosy house and tne photos are beautiful!
    Happy PPF ❤

    ReplyDelete
  5. How beautiful and you are so right about how your art resembles the sunset in that first photo~

    Happy PPF
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful sky photography ~ love the colors and your painting has the lovely colors too ~ thanks,

    Wishing you a Happy Weekend ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet drawing--and you caught the color of the sunset perfectly. Your cloud pictures are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, I remember that painting. How fun the way it resembles your sunset :-) Your sky-pictures are amazing ....

    ReplyDelete