Friday, May 30, 2014

New Art Supplies ~ First gouache painting Moon & Stars

Thanks to the many artists on Paint Party Friday, I have new art supplies and have begun to experiment.


Gouache is difficult for me to get use to.  Fingers and Q-tips do not play a part.  It's not like acrylics. . . more like watercolor, but not, albeit water does play a big part. Whoa. 

There is a sailboat. . .a tree, a lake, moon, stars, tree, yellow cottage, path and flowers. 

The  Paint Party Friday is like a learning center and a art center hosted by Kristin and Eva.  Thanks so much to these two very talented and creative artists.  PPF artists are teachers that are so helpful describing and/or using different art supplies, video's, and at times, step-by-step instructions.

Be sure and visit them all.

Blessings, 
Janet

10 comments:

  1. This is lovely, love the moonshine on the water! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is wonderful for your first work using gouache... they are a bit tricky but once you get the hang of them they are such fun... tubes of pure colour and fun...xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not at all bad for a first try. I've never tried gouache myself, but I love watercolors. It'll be interesting to hear about your progress in using them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your experiment with Gouache Janet, your painting really glows. Happy PPF, Annette x

    http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gouache sounds so exciting medium. I have not used it in ages. You have done a lovely experiment with your colours. I love the deep blue in your painting. Happy PPF JKW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how we all pick up new art experiences through each others posts and works. Your painting is beautiful Janet! I've never worked with gouache myself-good for you for playing with it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, it is a difficult art to Gouache, peri not despair all about practicing the resuyltado are very good, look what you've done. Saludos

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh! Wonderful! Gouache scares me. You've done a really nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have Gouache, but yet have to get used to it. I love your piece and the reflection of the moon on water. Nice job Janet. Way to go!:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful! I like the way you have painted the starts in the night sky! Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete