Friday, April 14, 2017

Girl in Looking Glass


  I took a drawing I had sketched some time ago and colored it.  I used Prismacolor pencil and Pastels to color the room and the girl in the mirror.  I put the artwork up last week and somehow forgot to post. I didn't want to miss an opportunity for everyone to be able to see this one. I put my name in last after several days of having no visits, not realizing I had forgotten.  I look forward to hearing from you and thank you all for visiting and taking the time to leave a comment.

Thank you Eva and Kristin for the Paint Party Friday we all attend and visit each other. So many times I have not made it all the way through the list. . . albeit, I do try each week.


 The local barn across the street was painted this week. The pictures I take of the horses
on my photography blog lives here. The weather vane on top of the barn was also painted.
 . . .as you can see here.  Whoa. . .glad I'm not a barn painter.
 There are two Bay horses, the other one is usually away.
 This is the Buckskin horse. 
The American Quarter horses are shown and/or taken to Rodeo roping.
 Beautiful and different Clouds daily.
 Our Mallard Mr.
 Squirrels come right up to the door now or when I open it
they come running. . .Peanut in the shell for Breakfast.
 Twilight Moonrise between the trees.
 Moon.
 Blessings,
Janet
 Don’t ever save anything for a special occasion. Being alive is the special occasion.


7 comments:

  1. Your artwork is adorable...love her in the mirror..you did that so well! I was planning on visiting both of your post because I missed you last week! You can see the ripples of the old wood under the red paint...it looks awesome! That mallard and the squirrel are awesome too!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a nice little scene you've drawn there, it reminds me of the art nouveau period. I like seeing the pictures of where you live. The squirrels are so cute :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. great job with the mirror image in this illustration Janet! Love seeing all the animals that surround you, and what a great looking barn. However I'll stay on the ground thank you:)Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful girl in the mirror. Sometimes one may seem to miss the variety of things around. Glad you've done it here Janet!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your drawing is sweet. I enjoyed seeing all the details. Fun that the barn is being cared for with a fresh coat. I like weather vanes, they are fun to see. Lovely spring you are having.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you re-posted the girl in the mirror. She is who I always dreamed to be.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photos and lovely colouring of your drawing.

    Love and hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete