Tuesday, August 3, 2010

I got the Call

No one wants to get The Call.  I learned that one of my dear friends, Bernice, passed this weekend. She was not old.  She has been in the hospital and had emergency surgery last month.  However, she was getting well enough to be able to drive, go to the hairdresser and looked like on her way to recovery.  How were we suppose to know it wasn't to be. I will miss her wit, her wonderful encyclopedic mind - as far as I'm concerned, she knew everything.  There wasn't a solution she didn't have for everything any of us could think up.  I told her:  you really need to write a book, or at least a pamphlet, we all love how you know all the tips and tricks in the world.  I will miss just being with her.  We haven't been friends a very long time, but it was deep. My tears are for all the days that this friendship couldn't be longer. It has been a shock. Blessings, Janet

1 comment: